Starting a business in Seychelles
implies completing several steps. Apart from choosing the business form, various documents must be prepared and then filed with the Seychelles Trade Register
. All companies in Seychelles
must be incorporated with the Business Register
, however, this is not the only function of this organization.
The Trade Register
is one of the most important organizations in the insular state and our company formation agents in Seychelles
explain below how you can register a business with it and how to perform various searches. You can rely on us if you want to set up an offshore company in Seychelles
The Seychelles Business Register – main functions
The Trade Registrar in Seychelles
is defined as the central system dealing with the collection, storage and verification of information on all entities with a Seychelles Business Number
(SBN). The Companies Register
is the organization issuing these numbers when local or foreign investors seeking to register various types of legal entities in Seychelles.
The Trade Register also offers other services meant to help governmental organizations by streamlining the procedures completed by them.
An important role of the Seychelles Business Register is to allow those who need information on companies incorporated in this country to perform various searches.
Information held by the Trade Register in Seychelles
It is useful to know that the Seychelles Trade Registrar
holds a lot of information on companies, however, not all of it can be disclosed to the public. This is usually applicable to offshore companies incorporated in Seychelles
which benefit from a high degree of protection for the shareholders.
Here is the information the Trade Register can disclose to the general public:
the Seychelles Business Number of a company (registration date and company trading name);
the legal status of the Seychelles company (company, sole proprietorship, trust, branch office etc.);
information on the change of the SBN and trading name, if such change has occurred;
As mentioned above, there is also information the Seychelles Trade Register does not disclose to the general public and among this we mention:
- the names and contact information of company representatives;
- company phone numbers;
- business activities;
- information about the company’s financial accounts and annual turnover;
- information about business partners or clients associated with the company.
It is important to note that any change occurring in a company must be notified with the Seychelles Companies Registrar.
If you want to perform a company verification with the Business Register
, you can rely on one of our Seychelles lawyers
How to register a company with the Trade Register in Seychelles
Those who want to open companies in Seychelles
must register them with the Trade Registrar
. However, foreign investors should note that entities falling under the Civil Law in Seychelles must also submit information with the Business Register
. Among these, trusts and associations must be registered with the Registry.
Another aspect to be considered when registering a business in Seychelles is that in the case of offshore companies, international trusts and free zone companies must be registered with the Seychelles International Business Authority (SIBA).
- information about the shareholders and the shareholding structure in the company;
- information about the directors and managers and their personal information;
- the Articles of Association through which the company is established (other documents can be required for other legal entities);
- the legal address of the company, proof of submitting the share capital, etc.
Our agents can help foreign investors interested in company registration in Seychelles.
Why invest in Seychelles?
is one of the most prolific states in the African region. According to recent statistics:
- Seychelles ranks 87th in the Economic Freedom Index of 2019;
- among African countries, Seychelles ranked 6th in terms of labor freedom and tax burden;
- Seychelles’ economy increased by 3.8% in the third quarter of 2019 on a year-to-year basis;
- fishing registered the highest growth during this period of time - 39.8%.
For more information on the Trade Register
, please contact our company formation advisors in Seychelles