Seychelles is sought by foreign citizens who want to protect their assets. As one of the most renowned offshore destinations in the world, Seychelles
allows for the creation of various types of structures through which foreign individuals can reduce their taxes.
Apart from the Seychelles offshore company, foreigners can also establish several types of trusts. Among these, the international trust is one of the most common estate planning tools in Seychelles.
The International Trusts Law in Seychelles
International trusts in Seychelles
are governed by the law with the same name which was enabled in 1994. Under this law, an international trust
is a non-corporate entity created through a legal agreement which stipulates the relation between the settlor, the trustee, and the beneficiaries.
In order to be considered an international trust, the entity must comply with the following requirements:
- the settlor must be a foreign citizen – this condition is imposed for the entire duration of the Seychelles international trust;
- the assets covered by the international trust must not be located in Seychelles;
- one of the trustees must a be a Seychelles company
holding an international corporate service provider license;
- the international trust is created for a duration of maximum 100 years.
Our local consultants
can offer more information on the conditions related to creating a Seychelles international trust
. We can also assist those who want to set up an offshore company in Seychelles
Why open an international trust in Seychelles?
There are many benefits
related to the creation of an international trust in Seychelles
. Among these we remind the following:
- the international tax is exempt from several taxes applied in Seychelles;
- the costs associated with the creation and administration of the Seychelles international trust are quite low;
- the settlor has the right to appoint a protector of the trust who will ensure the supervision of the trustee;
- Seychelles is a very sought destination for the creation of international trusts thanks to the comprehensive laws.
The 4 most important advantages of trusts in Seychelles
- the protection of assets which can be used as an estate planning tool;
- the enhanced confidentiality of the settlor’s identity and assets held in the trust;
- the possibility of using the Seychelles trust as a tax minimization solution;
- international trusts benefit from several tax advantages in Seychelles.
How to protect one’s assets through a trust in Seychelles
One of the greatest advantages of setting up a trust in Seychelles
is the enhanced protection of the settlor’s assets or whole estate. Through a trust registered in Seychelles
, the assets of the settlor will pass on to the trusts, therefore they will no longer be part of his or her estate. This way, in case of bankruptcy, creditors will not have access to the assets held by the Seychelles trust
The Seychelles trust, a tax minimization tool
The Trust Act in Seychelles
provides for trusts
established here to be exempt from all types of taxes
, as long as these assets are not located in Seychelles. This is why a trust
created by foreign investors in Seychelles
can be a great tax minimization solution
When it comes to the taxes an international trust can be exempt from, these are:
- the income tax;
- the profits tax;
- the estate tax;
- the gift tax;
- the inheritance tax;
- the succession tax.